Live music tidbits from a place that knows a little something about live music - Austin, TX.

Mar 24, 2009

Easy Star All-Stars

My first introduction to the Easy Star All-Stars was several years ago now. I remember riding around town with a few friends when they popped in an Easy Star All-Stars album and I was blown away. The album was a remake of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, appropriately and perhaps more acurately titled Dub Side of the Moon. Pure genius in my book!

The same can certainly be said for their live show. Vocalist Menny More bounced his way on stage with such enthusiasm and gusto that you couldn't help but bounce right along with him. Even when he left the stage (he hopped on and off dependent on whether the song featured his vocals) the party was still going. Synched dance moves, fat grooves, and the infectious smile of Ras I Ray made sure of that.




Does the guy on the sax look familiar to anyone else? I'll figure it out sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment