Live music tidbits from a place that knows a little something about live music - Austin, TX.

Mar 24, 2009

Ben Sollee

Such a lovely show! The performance was in a small venue that had been temporarily turned into a mini art gallery. I arrived about 40 minutes before the scheduled start time because I assumed the place would fill up quickly. This was not the case . . . which kinda blows my mind. Ben Sollee makes beautiful music. It's just him and his cello on stage, and believe me, that's all that it takes. Whether he's running his bow accross the strings or plucking away, the sound is at once deep and up-lifting. His vocals are sweet and soulful and his songs are thoughtful and often thought-provoking. Please, make him more popular.

This is the picture I took while sitting cross-legged just a few feet in front of him. (Yes, that was me bragging.)

No comments:

Post a Comment