Live music tidbits from a place that knows a little something about live music - Austin, TX.

Sep 8, 2009

Aaron Behrens and The Dirty Banquet

Normally this is where I would insert a hyperlink to Aaron Behrens and The Dirty Banquet BUT alas, a band site does not exist. Here is how I know this:
I googled Aaron Behrens (because I couldn't remember the rest of the band's name) and came across nothing but Ghostland Observatory pages. As awesome as Ghostland is, this was not helping my cause. I was about to give up when I noticed that google offered two other search suggestions, one of which was "aaron behrens married". I thought this was funny seeing as how I myself was a teensy bit heartbroken when I noticed that he was donning a wedding ring. I mean the man oozes sex; every move he makes practically screams, "I will 100% blow your mind, rock your world, change your life, after just one night in bed." Apparently I'm not alone in this thought but I digress. I decided to see what popped up when I tried this search and low and behold I found this brief interview. Armed with a name I tried once again to search for a band site but still no luck. Pretty sure it doesn't exist. What I can tell you though is that The Dirty Banquet also records as Prayer for Animals. I think I caught a bit of their show the following week and I think I liked it quite a bit. But seeing as how no photos of this exist, I can't be certain. Plus I was drunk. The recorded stuff I've heard is solid Texas psych-rock-country.
Back to the show at hand, yes? It was good but it was also country which when you consider the sound of Ghostland is . . . well, shocking. And Aaron Behrens not dancing on stage seems almost criminal. Still, the show was fun enough that I'd recommend checking it out just to see what else Aaron has up his sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment